Your the reason this article is still running!* i texted my Friend after posting Part 1
Have you ever thought of dancing your way into better health? or tried a B-Girl/Boy move that would be a reason your muscles are let loose? NEVER! am sure for a number of us. of all the forms of Hip Hop dance didn’t evolve with me. i took up Rapping and free-styling as primary. And i also didn’t take up Graffiti writing, which is in fact less embraced in My country- Uganda! Hip Hop music tends to distinct sound to many listeners as it powers strong rhythm in one who is quite passionate about it.
DANCE video by Uganda’s Leading Break Dance Ambassador- Abramz Tekya
Now to relate to dance: if you are doing your physicals and your iPod doesn’t run a hip hop type song I want to be convinced you would be bored to death while exercising at your comfort. The beauty of Hip Hop culture is that, it is blessed with dance strokes that are catered for under the form “Break Dance + B-Boy/Girl” Just like a sport you will realize a body shape up after burning a number calories. More still preparation is also called for. In hip hop dances as far as am concerned almost the whole body and mind is involved and this equates to high body metabolism and thus gives opportunity to one who has put on some weight.
According to Bdx STudio the following reasons could improve your Health:”
- Work the largest muscle in your body- your heart- and decrease your chances of getting blood clots, strokes or heart problems
- Increase the efficiency of your digestive system, which may reduce your chances of colon cancer
- Improve your posture! The warm up exercises alone will help you to stand tall, sit up straight and finally stop slouching like a hunchback
- Work on showing off your sexy “six pack”. Tone up your stomach muscles and increase your core strength
- Strengthen your thighs, hamstrings and calf muscles so your legs don’t feel as weak and tired- and improve the stability in your knees
- Tone up those butt muscles- and give those “cheeks” an all-round booty-licious, head-turning shape up
- Feel more desirable and attractive, and feel confident about your physical appearance. Go ahead and stop traffic with your sexy body!
- Make your breathing easier! Dance helps you to take bigger breaths and fill your lungs, which improves lung capacity
- Firm up your breasts- Yes ladies, dance helps firm up your skin tissue, so you can get extra lift and perkiness. No Wonder!
- Unconsciously lose some extra pounds, while you sweat and groove to the music your body will burn calories and unwanted fat
- Increase your blood circulation throughout your entire body- keeping your cells healthier and eliminate cellular waste quicker
- Improve your memory and mental well being, and you’ll find it easier to retain more information and reduce stress
- Improve your skin tone, texture and appearance- allow your skin’s pores to breathe and glow (and clear up those blemishes)
- Feel more alert and energized from the extra oxygen to your brain. Now you can fully focus on those everyday tasks
- Finally fall asleep faster! Get some rest at the end of the day, improve sleeping patterns and wake up recharged from a deep, full night’s slumber
We Love to share more about Hip Hop and to make it more relevant to each one of us. Do you have different views you could leave a message in the comment section or even write a whole post about it and we shall feature it.
Donate to NuveyLive today to enable the platform to keep bringing the quality content you like. NuveyLive is an independent magazine for artistes and creatives telling Ugandan Hip Hop stories and beyond, tech and merchandise stories narratively.